I can be a bit of a weather whiner – I don’t like it too hot, or too cold, or too windy. Luckily Calgary weather provides a lot of opportunities for people who like to complain about the weather. If you’re not unhappy with the weather right now, just wait, it’ll change soon enough. To shake things up a bit, instead of complaining I thought I’d write a list of things I look forward to with the cooling temperatures.
1. My Winter Duvet – there is nothing better than snuggling into a big fluffy duvet.
2. My Oven – Most of my favorite recipes involve my oven. Cooking is so much more fun when you don’t melt while you do it.
3. No Bugs! – The best thing about freezing cold weather – it kills off all the bugs.
4. Hot Drinks – I love warming my hands on a hot mug of tea.
5. Jackets – my seatbelt always sits better when I’m wearing a jacket, I hate it rubbing against my skin.
6. No sunscreen – I don’t have to worry about Gordie getting a sunburn while we are playing outside.
7. You can always put on more clothes but there is a limit to how much you can take off.
8. Fall TV – What can I say? I love my TV shows.
I was going for 10 things but I still really miss summer. Maybe I’ll have to read my list again.