I was looking over the salads I had written so far and I could hardly believe that that after 48 salads, none of them contain lentils! Lentils are great in salads so I couldn’t let that stand. This salad is fresh, delicious and unexpected. I love it and and I bet you will too.
Salad #49 - Asian Lentil and Mango Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 can of lentils rinsed and drained
- 2 ripe mangos
- 2 bell peppers (I used yellow and green)
- 2 large carrots
- 3 green onions (1 reserved for topping)
- cashews chopped or whole
- Spicy Citrus Vinaigrette:
- Juice of 1 small orange
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp chili sauce (sambel oelek)
- 1 garlic clove minced fine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dice mangos, carrots, bell peppers and green onions.
- Mix together with the lentils in a large bowl (reserve some of the green onion for garnish).
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl or shake in a small container with a lid. If you want a smoother dressing you could blend it together instead.
- Toss the vegetables with the dressing.
- Top each bowl with cashews and green onions.
Did They Eat it?
Anne: Oh, that’s good. Stephen: Good. Gordie (5 years old): uh, no thanks. Dana: Early to make, full of nutrition, fresh and delicious. This would be a great salad for lunches or to bring to a potluck.
[…] 9. Asian Lentil and Mango Salad […]