Now that I have two kids, I’m finding it even more difficult to get a healthy dinner on the table. When I’m sleep deprived, I lack both imagination and enthusiasm in the kitchen. On top of this both my kids are having problems with milk and many of my go to easy meals rely on cheese.To assist me in avoiding takeout and providing my family with nutritious meals without a lot of effort, I’ve decided to blog about some dead simple suppers to help give me inspiration while meal planning or (more likely) while trying to figure out what on earth we’re going to have for supper tonight.
Salsa Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 package of macaroni or other whole wheat noodles
- 1/4 of a small precooked ham cubed
- 2 bell peppers (any color) chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- handful of frozen peas
- Cook pasta until al dente and cool under cold water.
- Put in a large bowl along with vegetables and ham (the peas can go in frozen).
- Add salsa just to coat and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve cold or room temperature.