Thanks to Shaw Communications for sponsoring this article
A few months ago, Shaw offered to let us trial their new BlueSky TV system. We’ve been long time Shaw customers and have had a PVR for a long time as well. We had previously been using Shaw’s Gateway system but have now finished our trial and made the switch over to BlueSky without looking back. I already shared our first impressions of Shaw BlueSky (which still holds true after a few months).
Here are a few things you may not know about Shaw’s BlueSky TV:
- Content Integration is the best thing you never knew you wanted – You can access your regular cable channels, recordings, Shaw On Demand, Netflix and CraveTV all from the same menu.
- Adding shows to your PVR is easy – with the voice controls, you no longer have to spend way too much time typing in a show title. Just say the show you want and it will pull right up. As long as the show is in the system, you can ask it to record new episodes at any time – making it easy to set it and forget it.
- Special treatment for special events – Whether it is the Olympics or March Madness, BlueSky TV has special menus to make it easy to find the programming you want to watch as well as see stats, scores and more.
- No more ‘accidental’ on-demand purchases by the kids – BlueSky TV’s parental controls make it easy to prevent pay-per-view content from being purchased while still allowing access to free on-demand content.
- Automatically adds time to live shows This is not a perfect system, but it is a huge improvement. When a This is Us episode played after the Super Bowl, my PVR recorded it seamlessly without me having to adjust the settings.
- Show only the channels you have access to – The guide has a ‘free to me’ menu, which shows only the channels that are part of your subscription. No more wading through channels you can’t even watch.
- You can change your theme packs online – If you decide you would like to swap one of your theme packs for another, you can make the change in just a few minutes by chatting online with one of Shaw’s customer service people. We did this the other day and the process was quick and easy.
- Easy control of what your kids can watch with the Kids Zone – For example, you can restrict content by common sense media age ranges and require a pin to get out of the Kids Zone
- Channels are re-ordered – Similar channels are actually grouped together; all the kids channels are in one spot and all the sports channels are in another, making it easy to navigate the guide.
- Sports App – You can find tons of information inside the sports app. You can see stats, compare teams and players and settle debates. Just say “sports app” in the remote to access it.
Overall, we’ve been really happy after making the switch to Shaw BlueSky TV. It was easy to get used to and my whole family has enjoyed the new features and voice controls. As with any new thing, there are a few things I would tweak, but I haven’t missed our old system for even a second.
Enter to win this Shaw Prize pack including a 3-month Netflix gift card!
Giveaway open to Canadian residents only
Shaw giveaway package includes:
- Shaw water bottle
- Shaw lip chap
- Shaw hat
- Stuffed Shaw Bot (his name is Bit!)
- 3-month Netflix gift card
I love the feature of adding more time to live shows…I missed the ending of This Is Us after the Superbowl and had to find it online which wasn’t easy!!
Also my favourite show on Netflix right now is Broadchurch!
My favorite Netflix show is The Office. Our contract with Telus is over in June and we are strongly considering making the switch to Shaw. It’s nice to see some of the features they offer.
I am currently watching friends… again. Also LOVING Dynasty and Lee Daniels’ Star
Maritess S says
I usually binge watch TV series because I do not like watching commercials. Stranger Things and Riverdale is on top of my list.
Kim Mcdonald says
I’m addicted to Dynasty right now, and comedians in cars gettting coffee. So funny!
Leslie Brooks says
My favourite show right now is Ozark
Calvin Chou says
Recently Altered Carbon
Honestly, I don’t have one. We are so old school and currently don’t have Netflix. Obviously we need to win this!
I’ve been revisiting Gossip Girl on Netflix. So good! I’m also loving Dynasty.
Amy C says
I love almost all shows on Netflix, but we currently are watching Season 2 of Santa Clarita Diet and I love it.
Ami B says
We are watching Bob’s Burgers. I like Ghost War with the kids.
Kiddo loves Spongebob!
Jenness M says
I love Outlander!
Arlene Cunningham says
Would love to have the netflix
Gillian Morgan says
Grey’s Anatomy is my favourite thing to watch on Netflix right now.
Tara Betterley says
I love Santa Clarita Diet.. Can wait for Season 3 to come out!!
Still like orange is the New Black
My favourite Netflix show right now is Santa Clarita Diet!
Our favourite Netflix program to watch is Outlander.
Andria C says
The show I am currently watching and love on netflix is Homeland.
My favorite shows in Netflix are once upon a time, supergirl and party of five.
lisa bolduc says
i love watching dinotrux. lol not. but that is what my son loves
My favorite show to watch on Netflix would be Stranger Things!
Charity Banman says
I’m binge watching Supernatural right now and I love it!
Paula Ritchie says
Casey Miller says
I loved House of Cards