I threw this salad together from things I happened to have in the fridge. It turned out so well and looks so pretty I now pull it out when I want an impressive looking salad that’s quick to put together when I’m entertaining. Although most of the time I make it just for myself.
Avocado, Grapefruit and Spinach Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 bag of baby spinach leaves
- 1 grapefruit segmented (or a grapefruit fruit cup which are awesome)
- 1 avocado
- almonds (sliced for sprinkling)
- ⅛ cup grapefruit juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper (freshly ground is nice)
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients: grapefruit juice, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cube the avocado (and slice the grapefruit if necessary).
- Put the spinach in a large salad bowl and toss with the dressing. You will probably have made more than you need so go easy.
- Top with the avocado, grapefruit and almonds and serve.
Leave a Reply