I often seem to either make either a good side dish or a good meal but not both when I’m making supper. So I’m always on the lookout for quick, easy and healthy side dishes that I can manage to make in addition to whatever else I’m making for supper. When I saw this zucchini dish at Smitten Kitchen I knew I’d found a winner.
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 small handful of sliced almonds
- 1 normal sized zucchini (cut into sticks, you can cut them smaller than I’ve done above, I just don’t have the machinery or the patience)
- optional: salt, pepper, parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the almonds and sauté for a couple minutes until they are browned.
- Add the zucchini and cook for about a minute just until the zucchini is heated.
- Add a little salt and pepper and parmesan if you want. It’s really good with them, but I often forget and it’s still good.