With the beginning of Spring I wanted to come up with a salad that matched that feeling of freshness and renewal. (Alright, so I can still see snow in some places and the grass is still solidly brown, but I’m sure Spring will be here any day now.) This salad definitely fits the bill.
Avocado, Grapefruit and Mango Spring Salad with grapefruit balsamic dressing
- bag of spring mix lettuce
- 1 avocado
- 1 grapefruit
- 1-2 alphonso mangoes (other varieties are fine, the small yellow alphonos are just my favorite and are in season right now)
- sliced almonds
- Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tbsp grapefruit juice (or you can use extra vinegar)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a small container with a lid and shake until blended. (or you can use a bowl and whisk).
- Put the lettuce in a large bowl (or multiple smaller bowls) and drizzle with a bit of dressing. You won't need a lot because the other salad ingredients are moist and flavorful.
- Cut the mangoes, grapefruit and avocado into chunks. If you haven't cut a mango before it is worth looking up how.
- Put the chunks of mangoes, grapefruit and avocado on top of the lettuce and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- swap the lettuce for spinach
Did They Eat It?
Nicole (12 months): Loved the avocado and mangoes.
Gordie (4 years old): Ate the avocado and mango while we were making the salad but not as part of the salad. Found the grapefruit too sour.
Bronwen: Very springlike salad – nice mixture of flavors and texture
Stephen: Sweet and Tangy
Dana: This salad looks fancy but it simple to put together. It would be great for an Easter salad. Also, it’s delicious.
I see you don’t monetize your site, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra bucks every month because you’ve got high quality content.
If you want to know how to make extra $$$, search for: best adsense alternative