Green Chopped Salad with Healthy Green Goddess Dressing
Although this salad would be great any time of year, it’s also perfect for St. Patrick’s Day. Pick all your families favorite green vegetables and chop them up to make the salad – lettuce and other leafy greens would also be great, as would broccoli or avocado. I found some fenugreek at the grocery store which reminded me a little of clover so I sprinkled it on top for garnish.
- Green Chopped Salad with Healthy Green Goddess Dressing
- green pepper
- fenugreek (I used it only for decoration)
- No oil, Non-dairy Green Goddess Dressing
- ½ cup dill (packed)
- ½ cup parsley (packed)
- 1 cup hummus
- 5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup green onion
- juice of ½ lemon
- water if necessary
- This dressing is pretty tart, so you may want to cut back on the lemon or vinegar.
- Chop all veggies and mix together.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until there are no more lumps.
- add or substitute any green vegetable
- add fresh herbs to the salad itself
- substitute tahini or avocado for the hummus (if you do you may want to add garlic and additional lemon juice)
- substitute other green herbs such as basil for the parsley or dill